Philosphy and Light Houses

In the velvet darkness
Of the blackest night
Burning bright.
There's a guiding star
No matter what or who you are.
  
-- Richard Obrien

I was exploring the Blake Sea region of SL™ when a friend announced that SL™ was all about escape.
I'm not sure. It's true that for many of us, myself included, running around a virtual world is an escape from the pressures or dreariness of Real Life™.  But then there are escapes and then there are escapes.

Certainly if you spend time creating an avatar and running around in a virtual world you are taking a break from reality on some level. But does that necessarily mean your life is bad? I don't think so. Sure mine could be better, but whose couldn't stand some improvement? You the Elizabeth II is really happy in Buckingham Palace? Lindsey Lohan is happy with her millions of dollars, fans, and probation violations?  I really don't think Life (© God)  is all that bad myself.


On the other hand, if you are interested in the deeper conversations of Life, the Universe and Plato, I have a clothing optional recommendation. Rhiannon Dragoone leads discussions in classical Philosophy at http://slurl.com/secondlife/Philosophy%20Island/112/56/40 and she'd be happy to have you attend too. One of these days I'll get over there but I'm afraid it'll all be over my head.

And in case you were wondering, I think the light in the darkness of this reporter's Second Life, may be over at the Frankenstein place.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Art Works